[thechat] London demo: police estimate 1.3million (until later revised for the press)

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sun Feb 16 07:37:01 CST 2003

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Kevin Stevens wrote:

> Before we left for the march Tony Blair was giving his speech about how
> Saddam must be deposed to free the Iraqi people. Funny, I thought the issue
> was weapons of mass destruction.

Well it was, but you can't make that point in Glasgow, when you've got
Europe's biggest collection of the things 20 miles up the coast and
protesters outside the door who (a) have already been fined for
complaining about that and (b) would be very keen for the weapons
inspectors to visit the Clyde when they've finished with Iraq.

Cheers
Martin