[thechat] London demo: police estimate 1.3million (until later revised for the press)

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Mon Feb 17 01:38:00 CST 2003

From: "John Handelaar" <john at evolt.org.uk>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2003 1:18 AM
Subject: [thechat] London demo: police estimate 1.3million (until later
revised for the press)

> A ton of shit today.  Apparently I was evil in
> a past life, because the biggest demo on earth
> happened here today and somehow I was landed
> with the job of making sure nothing bad
> happened.

Am taking the opportunity to publicly state that the above Mr. Handelaar
should be sainted upon his death. Excellent people who volunteer for thing
rock. Excellent people who volunteer for things that involve dealing with
crowds of millions on a freezing cold day for almost 12 hours...

Well. They rock very, very hard.

As do all thechatters who braved cold and long waits and long marches and
waved banners and were there to be counted. Well done, all of you. Much
restoration of faith in humanity has occurred in my little world.

--Sabrina