[thechat] what if ...

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Mon Feb 17 12:58:00 CST 2003

kevin D. white wrote:
> Judah McAuley wrote:
>

>> Besides, we've already shown that we can drop out
>> of any treaty we don't like (witness the Kyoto Protocol and the ABM
>> treaty to name two).
>

> Minor point: We didn't drop out of the Kyoto Protocol. It was never
> ratified by Congress.

True, but we signed and then "removed" our signature to the document.
Several European countries signed it and started working toward the
goals set forth in it prior to their national legislatures actually
ratifying it.  So I still say that we dropped out of it.  We just
dropped out of it before we were legally bound to it.

Judah