[thechat] called the cops on a cop

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sat Feb 22 20:45:01 CST 2003

I think I called the cops on an undercover cop a few hours ago. All I
can say for sure is that in the middle of a busy street while the
"don't walk" sign is flashing is an unique situation in which to bust
or mug someone.

Crossing the street, a sharp looking guy said to a looser looking guy
in front of me, "Stop, don't move" and then grabbed him. As the sharp
guy had his hand by his wallet and another guy walking in the same
direction picked up what appeared to be a box of cookies or cold
medicine the disheveled guy had dropped, I first thought OK, undercover
cops.

Then the sharp looking guy had the disheveled guy up against the wall
of the bus stop, getting all up in his face. I walked on a few yards. I
looked back and they were scuffling. Guy who picked up the dropped
thing was nowhere to be seen. If it was an undercover bust, there
certainly was no backup. So I stepped into a store that knows me and
told the clerk she should call the cops as there was a fist fight going
on across the street.

But then as I left the store, the disheveled guy was yelling "What do
you want me to do? That hurts! My arm's broken" ... then they both got
up and it seemed the guy was in handcuffs.
Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>
Flash and ColdFusion Development