[thechat] Snowball fight turns... umm... I don't even know how to express it...

deacon b. web at master.gen.in.us
Tue Feb 25 08:58:00 CST 2003

> On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 12:31, Chris Marsh wrote:

> > ...and gun control reduces gun crime?
> Well, it sure as hell doesn't *increase* gun crime, does it?

Well, in the course of enforcing gun control laws,
the nice folks at ATF managed to burn down a
residence with about a hundred people in it, about a
third of which were children. They didn't all burn to
death - some of them shot each other to prevent
such a horrible death - but there was *one* person
there who *allegedly* violated the law, and if it was
actually violated, it wasn't a capital crime.

Burning convicted murderers alive probably would
not be legal, but apparently if you are only a resident
in the same building as someone who has only been
*accused* of a relatively minor crime, then it's OK to
turn off the power so that people have to use coal-oil
lamps, shoot at the building so that the residents
pile bales of hay on the outside wall, and then batter
the building so that the lamps fall off the bales of
hay and start fires.

Ah, but there's precedent. In Philadelphia, the police
firebomb entire blocks of rowhouses in order to
torture and kill the children of people who may be
violating gun laws.

God bless America. She can do no wrong.

deke

--
What does the Bible clearly say about dieting?
You shouldn't do it: