[thechat] what is this thing anyway?

abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Wed Feb 26 10:15:01 CST 2003

On Wed February 26 2003 8:10 am, Luther, Ron wrote:
> Or
> "Crock Pot Roast" - since that's a common and easy way to prepare the meal.

Actually, a crock pot cooks a roast waaaay too slow and it doesn't have the
right flavor, IMO, unless you sear it in a hot skillet before putting it in a
crock pot.

Ashok, as with all food, it depends on the one doing the cooking. Your friend
who serves spaghetti with overcooked leeks is probably also roasting the snot
out of that poor piece of beef.

Just out of curiousity, I went to cooks.com and turned up more than 1300
recipes for pot roast -- oh great, now I'm going to have to try some of those
too.

oh dang, it's not even lunch time yet!! I'm getting hungry already . . .