[thechat] Snowball fight turns... umm... I don't even knowhowto express it...

Chris Marsh chris at ecleanuk.com
Wed Feb 26 10:49:01 CST 2003

[..]

> > The gun ban is clearly *not* helping. Illegal handguns are
> increasing
> > in number. More people are being shot. The gun ban
> > _only_affects_citizens_. Criminals are the people committing crimes.
>
> And there's only 'law abiding citizens' and 'gun toting
> criminals who will stop at nothing to commit their dastardly
> crimes (even if it's only a common or garden mugging)'?

No, there are only law abiding citizens and criminals. It's boolean:

function isCriminal() {
	if("You have broken the law") return "You are a criminal";
	return "You are a citizen";
}
document.write(isCriminal());

I can only assume that you are being disingenuous by using the phrase
"common or garden mugging". The level of violence being used in street
robberies is appalling. However, this is still irrelevant. Whatever
crime the criminal wishes to engage in, he will be able to purchase a
firearm regardless of gun control because he disregards The Law. A
citizen will not be able to purchase a firearm for any reason, because
it is illegal and citizens obey The Law. Hence, the gun ban
_only_affects_citizens_.

Regards

Chris Marsh