[thechat] Smokey ingredient

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Thu Feb 27 04:39:01 CST 2003

I've recently discovered the joys of risotto, since moving house has
brought us close to a shop that stocks decent arborio rice. I've been
working from a tomato and onion recipe, and trying different variations on
it - so far the best has involved some bacon, cut into small pieces,
lightly fried, and cooked along with the rest.

I think the taste needs something smokey in it, but I can't think of
anything smoked that won't affect the flavour in other ways.

Any suggestions from the food gurus here on thechat?

Btw, recently discovered good thing: Wychwood Brewery's "Circle Master"
Ale. It's a beer I like!

Drew.

Drew Shiel                               webmaster at swiftpay.com
                                                     +353-1-2365705