[thechat] cooked carrots (was: what is this thing anyway?)

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Feb 27 07:12:01 CST 2003

Martin Burns impugned:

>>Doesn't explain why old people all love 'em. Something to do with living
>>through the war & rationing I think.

Gosh - I didn't realize I was *that* old!
I better dust off my walker!!

 ;-P

I have a recipe at home for a nice 'beef and beer' soup that calls for
_lots_ of brussel spouts.  You finish it off by melting a nice cheese
over the top ... like a french onion soup.  It's quite good!

RonL.
Who admits he isn't the 'finicky' eater he was when he was younger.
Then again, the look on my young son's face when I served up a salad
with fresh Nasturtiums (flowers) on top was well worth it!!

"Uh Dad?"
>"Yes?"
<indignation>"There are flowers on my food!"</indignation>
>"I know.  Eat them - they're good for you!"

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!    >;-O

Ooooo ... found a recipe for stuffed Nasturtiums!!

http://www.valentine.gr/recipes_MainDishes2-en.htm

Mmmmmmmmm!