[thechat] cooked carrots (was: what is this thing anyway?)

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 27 07:51:01 CST 2003

:: *cough*Brussel Sprouts*cough*
:: Spawn of Satan

Funny you should say that. Brussel sprouts make my teeth curl whenever I
even smell them cooking, let alone eat them. Along the same line of culinary
terror, there's a dish I had in Cuba called cho-chos. (I *think* that's how
they're spelled) When they're cooked, they have the consitency of eggplant
and a taste even more repugnant than brussel sprouts. Of course, everyone in
my wife's family loves them, so it's like a running gag at family
dinners..."More cho-chos, Alan?"

Anyone else tried these?

Alan