[thechat] Smokey ingredient

Rachel Lam lists at ewe-wish.com
Thu Feb 27 08:31:00 CST 2003

> I think the taste needs something smokey in it, but I can't think of
> anything smoked that won't affect the flavour in other ways.
>
> Any suggestions from the food gurus here on thechat?

Well, since I've never claimed to be a food guru and therefore don't have to
worry about losing my title, I'd like to suggest a drop or two of ... ta
da!... Liquid Smoke. Really. A splash of liquid smoke & some cocoa powder
are the secret ingredients in my chili recipe. I like it a lot since, as a
vegetarian, I can't use things like bacon to get that flavor.

It's also very useful for convincing friends that you spent the weekend
camping, rather than lolling around at a day spa. Just dab a few drops
behind your ears for that authentic campfire smell. :)

-Rachel