[thechat] Handling a knife like a pro (was: Cooked carrots)

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Feb 27 16:00:01 CST 2003

I thought I'd take this opportunity to show off my Wüstoff Trident
knives, of which I am quitre proud. And I'm proud of my scotch
collection, the current version of which is also included:

<http://shockingelk.com/pictures/kitchen_2003_03/knives_and_scotch.jpg>

You will note that Zoloft was not to proud to take the chance that I
may have been looking for his food.

I wish my knife block had less holes as I don't like having things I
don't need and I only need a cheese knife and I will consider the
collection complete, but do need to fill up the one hole which would be
left. What kind of knife would I need that isn't pictured there ...
have chopper, vegetable knife (the oddly serrated one, great for
tomatoes and cucumbers and other tough skinned veggies), paring knife,
bread knife, fillet knife, and a sharpener. What else would I need?

Also what other scotches might I need (attn: Michael Ensor, you will
note that the McClelland's is the emptiest, thank-you ... although
Aberlour is still my favorite ... but $5-6 more expensive.)

I think I live pretty well for a mostly heterosexual bachelor.

Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>
Flash and ColdFusion Development