[thechat] Disgusting Foods

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Thu Feb 27 17:47:44 CST 2003

On Thursday, February 27, 2003, at 01:17  PM, Ben Dyer wrote:

> At 01:09 PM 2/27/2003, you wrote:
>> Hey -- I agree!  I like Lebanon Balogna too!
>>
>> ... but you gotta admit ... it *is* rather disgusting.
>
> Well, no worse than Cotto Salami or really most meats.

Yummy! I love all that stuff.

> The thing that usually gets me is seafood.  I can't eat seafood because
> it's the one kind of food that actually makes me feel ill.

The only thing I don't really go for is mollusks. I'll eat the rest
though.

> And lox: lox just looks disgusting to me.  Yuck.

One of the best things in the world! Lox and smoked sturgeon. Yummy.

> Is lox plural or singular or maybe both?

It's both, I think. Kind of like the word grease.

You want disgusting? How about scrapple?

http://www.chickenhead.com/scrapple/

Of course, there's always the Gallery of Regrettable Food.

http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/index.html

bob