[thechat] Handling a knife like a pro (was: Cooked carrots)

Bob Davis bob at bobdavis.org
Thu Feb 27 17:58:01 CST 2003

On Thursday, February 27, 2003, at 03:51  PM, abbey wrote:

> On Thu February 27 2003 2:20 pm, Madhu Menon wrote:
>> 8) Keep your knife sharp. Yes, it bears repeating.
>
> A very wise man said if the knife is sharp, then it makes a clean cut
> so the
> surgeons can re-attach the fingers much easier if you do slip.

I had to go to the emergency room last night to get a couple stitches.
I cut my little finger right on the first joint nearly to the bone with
the very tip of my knife. I was cutting potatoes and just got
distracted for a moment.

That's the only down side of very sharp knives - it doesn't take too
much of a lapse to really get yourself.

The cut, however, was very clean and straight.

;-)

bob