[thechat] Handling a knife like a pro (was: Cooked carrots)

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Feb 28 01:49:01 CST 2003

At 03:45 AM 28-02-03, Hugh Blair wrote:
><http://shockingelk.com/pictures/kitchen_2003_03/knives_and_scotch.jpg>
>
>Now you need a chinese chopping blade...

A big +1. My cleaver does the work of many knives. You need something like
this:
http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=161629

Come now, don't be afraid.

Though I have several knives, I use my cleaver just about all the time,
except for a serrated knife for tomatoes etc. and a paring knife once in a
while. Once you get accustomed to the sheer brute power of a Chinese
cleaver, it's hard to go back to the wussy French knives. :p

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy