[thechat] Handling a knife like a pro (was: Cooked carrots)

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 28 08:22:00 CST 2003

:: No (I don't have a cleaver), but I've used my Global water
:: stones on a range of straight-bladed knifes with excellent results.

This is what I use to sharpen my knives.
<http://wildfirecutlery.com/images/knife-sharpener.jpg> My father-in-law
swears by it and gave us one for X-mas (along with our new knives). Seems to
work pretty well and has a replaceable carbide stone. Has anyone else used
one similar to this? If you've used it before and it totally trashed your
knives, pleeeeese tell me before I ruin mine.

The Global water stones look they'd do the job pretty well, too.

Alan