[thechat] Ibn-e-Insha says...

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Fri Feb 28 12:47:01 CST 2003

Ibn-e-Insha was a great Pakistani humorous writer of Urdu. He has been under
discussion about a year ago. I just found a little chunk in one of his book.
Here I translate it for your amusement. It was written in 1970's but I wonder
how true is it today. He says:

"In beginning, there were very few people in the world. People were living with
quite peace and tranquillity. In fifteenth century, Columbus discovered America.
There are two views about him. Some people say, 'it was not his fault. He wanted
to discover us, the Indian subcontinent. He discovered America by mistake'. This
view is confirmed in a way that we have not been discovered until now. The other
group says that 'Columbus intentionally committed this act', they mean, he
discovered America.
Anyway, if it was a mistake then it was a very severe mistake. Columbus has died
but we are getting his punishment."

It is from Insha Jee's humorous book "Urdu Key Aakhree Kitaab" (The Last Book of
Urdu).
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/

PS: This post is just for amusement in present perspective of international
politics. No offence is intended with this post.