[thechat] The Story They All Got Wrong

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Sat Mar 1 14:49:01 CST 2003

Madhu wrote:
>  From the "Holy crap Batman!" department:
>
> <quote>
>
> Contrary to what you were authoritatively told by the media, our
government
> has no evidence that increased education will raise incomes.

"Holy crap" my ass. Forbes has always been masterful at reinterpreting
statistics to fit the views of their wealthy, politically and socially
conservative readers. Hand these figures off to a Communist rag and they'll
tell you all about the resources wasted creating an unnecessary elite class.
Middle-aged, middle-class America, however, wants to see that the *insane*
amount of debt they're going into to put their kids through college will pay
off in the long run. Gosh, what a shock -- everyone has their own take on
the unprovable truth.

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net