[thechat] Stupidity should be cured, says DNA discoverer

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Sat Mar 1 23:15:00 CST 2003

> > From: "rudy"
> [...]
> > there were guys working on "screening" in the 1940s, if i recall
> From: "aardvark"
> there's a difference between eugenics as characterized by the nazis
> and good ol' fashioned research into improving the species...
>
> > speaking for myself, i like people of all kinds of intelligence
>
> i don't... i don't suffer idiots well... and i don't mean low IQ, i
> mean *idiots*... i know a girl with a degree in math and a degree in
> physics, working on a masters and ideally moving to her PhD, but she
> is dumb as toast when you talk to her... knows math and physics, and
> i respect that (as anyone who knows me would recognize), but i can't
> even talk about that with her... and she's not a flake, she's just
> dumber than a bag of hair...

dude, you're making me shiver!

i teach piano to a kid whose completely blind, deaf in one ear, wears
weird braces and shoegear -- in short, the type of embryo that would have
landed in the "unworthy" stack. but whaddya know, the kid is a genius, and
incredibly talented musically.

if anything, we should stop passing seat-belt and helmet laws.

> > has anyone here read "brave new world"?
>
> yeah... you make it sound like that world is a bad thing...

hey i enjoy my soma too, but i wanna be the one administering it, ya know?

nagrom