[thechat] Stupidity should be cured, says DNA discoverer

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sun Mar 2 03:25:00 CST 2003

At 02:40 PM 02-03-03, aardvark wrote:
>well, that means 1 billion years into the earth's life, we have had
>enough time that we can expect that to happen...
>
>i prescribe to the HHGTTG theory of probability... no matter how
>remote the chance, given enough time, it'll happen...

Related:
http://www.skepdic.com/lawofnumbers.html
http://www.csicop.org/si/9809/coincidence.html

The earth is ~ 4.5 billion years old.

<aside>

Evolution is *not* about random chance, it's about natural selection. Cows
are unlikely to grow wings any time soon.

</aside>

Oh shucks, did I just start another argument? Gawd.