[thechat] World Cup predictions

Ashok Hariharan Ashok at MagicalKenya.com
Sun Mar 2 05:14:01 CST 2003

Actually, it turned out to be a kind of a double victory for me after kenya
thrashed
bangladesh to make it to the super league.
Here in nairobi, one of the big night-clubs called 'the pavement' was
projecting both
the matches (india / pak and kenya /bangladesh) on big screens
simultaneously...
I spent the whole day walking to and fro between the 2 screens with a beer
in my hand.

We had an equal number of screaming india and pakistan supporters, it was
incredible.
Indian supporters were even cheering no-balls bowled by pakistan, and pak
supporters were
cheering  everytime sachin tendulkar (for those unfamiliar with cricket, he
*IS* the real
superman !) played a defensive shot !

--ashok