[thechat] Snowball fight turns... umm... I don't even know how to express it...

deacon b. web at master.gen.in.us
Mon Mar 3 19:50:00 CST 2003

>> And people wonder why I'm for gun control.
>> Good god, sometimes I
>> wonder why a good portion of the population of
>> North America isn't
>> kept locked in padded cells.

> actually a good portion *is* locked up.. but for drugs, not guns.

Not in padded cells, they aren't. In the US, they stick
druggies and gunnies in unpadded cells. Padded
cells tend to be used more for political prisoners and
inconvenient family members - and in those cells,
drugs are non-optional.

His *family* believed Theodore Kaczynski was
insane, but the fact that he preferred a life sentence
or even the death sentence to a mental institution
suggests that he's not *entirely* out of it.

(You probably know this, but "insane" in the US is a
term that can mean, depending on jurisdiction and
circumstances, that you are either unable to
distinguish between right and wrong OR you are
able to distinguish between right and wrong but
unable to conform your behavior accordingly OR
you are mentally or emotionally unfit to assist in your
own legal defense. The fact that some wrong
behavior is legal and some right behavior is illegal
seems to have missed by the legislatures that
devised this test. The fact that juveniles being tried
as adults are incapable of properly defending
themselves also seems to be missed. Whoever said
military justice is to justice as military music is to
music seems to have overlooked the fact that music
is really music, while justice isn't really justice.)

deke

 --
What does the Bible clearly say about dieting?
You shouldn't do it: