[thechat] US to redraw world maps

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sat Mar 8 02:11:00 CST 2003

On Friday, March 7, 2003, at 01:28  PM, Judah McAuley wrote:
> It essentially argues that globalization
> is the name of the game and that we need to make the world safe for
> globalization by forcibly containing and shrinking those areas that
> don't support globalization.

Not that the ends justify the means, but an interesting thought
experiment ...

Pretend the whole world was a single political body like the US, then
consider how many of the supposed problems cited by the
anti-globalization contingent would still exist. I've never understood,
far less agreed with any high level concept a anti-IMF/globalization
person has tried to explain to me. They seem to be wanting to prevent
the solution to their gripes.

I mean, like, have any of these people seen a Star Wars movie? (or seen
a want-ad for a job better than "SHOE MAKER: Up to $0.50/A DAY!!! Two
Bathroom Breaks!" in an area that's supposedly being exploited?).
Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>
Flash and ColdFusion Development