[thechat] This is a test of the emergency broadcasting system

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Tue Mar 18 11:47:26 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Handelaar"
> Service resumed for the time being while the #evolt
> crew tries to regain control of the domain, since
> evidently we've left it entirely in the hands of
> people who are unable or unwilling to respond to
> requests to assist.

To clarify: we're doing it the old fashioned way and have made a fax
application to Network Solutions for some changes to the records to allow
access in order to update evolt's listed DNS servers. (Obviously, the
current DNS listings are non-functional, hence why we have no evolt web.)

This process is manual rather than automated, and by default is slower than
being able to manage the DNS record online. We are trying to get the request
escalated urgently, which basically means a lot of phone calls and hold
time.

So, if anyone works at NetSol or knows anyone who does who might be able to
escalate a call, I'd appreciate a hand. My other one's glued to zee phone :)

I can provide the ticket number off list if anyone can be of help.

--Sabrina