[thechat] Scaliaing down rights

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Wed Mar 19 11:44:15 CST 2003

Sean wrote:
>http://tinyurl.com/7r2c
>"Judy Loether's father, Albert H. Palya, died in a mysterious Air Force
>plane crash in Georgia when she was 7 weeks old.

There is absolutely nothing in this article that surprises me.  I
think these things do need to be reported, but... oh our government
lies?  ooh, I never knew.

Do you think they could be lying about their reasons for attacking Iraq?

It pains me to see those in other countries, from high-ranking
officials and people on the street... talking as if they really
*believe* the reasons for this move to war are as straightforward as
the government claims, trying in vain to make sense of it all... OPEN
YOUR EYES!

As for US media, well, why should they bite the hand that feeds them?
Of course they are not going to question the integrity of the
administration...

I imagine the bombing will start soon and then any thing anyone says
against it may be interpreted as dangerous to the security of the
US... (isn't that the great thing about the state of war, it allows
the government to take all kinds of action in the name of protecting
security...)

Erika

"happy hour is now enforced by law."  -- Jello Biafra