[thechat] protests?

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 13:16:17 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Debbe Watson"

> My concern about present day protestors are:
>
> 1.  They are providing large crowd opportunities for terriorists.
> 2.  They are risking injury to themselves and others around them.
> 3.  They are distracting military and local law enforcement from very
> important duties and issues concerning national security, regardless of
> what country they are in.
> 4.  They are wasting tax payer dollars on events which are not being
> recognized by the powers that be.
> 5.  They are risking repercussions on many levels and their futures by
> having an arrest record.... even just for protesting.

Interestingly, you've just listed *many* of my feelings about why I oppose
this war and do not want our military forces in Iraq.

Large crowd opportunities for terrorists: check. War *is* terrorism.
Injury to selves and others: check.
Distraction from issues: check.
Wasting tax payer dollars/pounds/euros: big big check.
Risking repercussions on many levels: understatement of the year.

--Sabrina