[thechat] protests?

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Fri Mar 21 15:17:42 CST 2003

Counterpoint:
Maybe not all, but most arrested were violating some law. If they
weren't, the justice system will free them. Protesting should be
a right, and a right thing to do. Breaking stuff shouldn't be and
isn't. Hassling some office worker trying to get to work - to feed
their children etc. - doesn't help the cause one little bit.

Those "hundreds of people" are really thousands. But that's not the
point. You characterized them as "legally assembling and asserting
their First Amendment rights in a orderly and peaceful manner." and
that's where we differ. Those arrested would not fit that mold.

Hugh