[thechat] protests?

Bill Haenel mail at webmarketingworx.com
Mon Mar 24 12:51:17 CST 2003

> And if we're trying to establish credibility, I was out
> protesting about that attack in 1988.  Where the hell
> was your government?  Oh, right, I remember.  Selling
> Saddam more gas and weapons.
>
> Gimme a break.

Perhaps my point did not come through clearly, but I don't think I was
unclear. You have my apology either way.

I was not attempting to make any point about credibility on anyone's part.
Erik's comment was that this war is "the wrongest thing since Hitler". My
point was to suggest that "wronger" things than this war have been done
since Hitler, by "my government" as well as by many, many others - probably
including (although I have no idea where you are) yours.

"My government" is not better than yours. "My government" is not flawless.
However, I do not feel that "my government" is the "wrongest thing since
Hitler".

We have many rotten governments to choose from, and although I did not
choose to live under this one (I was born here), I also do not choose to go
and live under any of the others.

My responsibility as a human being is to do good even when others do wrong,
and I can do that here just the same as anywhere else. If I live here, I
also get to tell people what I think about "my government". I like that.
Seems like most people would.

BH