[thechat] A balance of opinion.

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Mar 24 19:32:48 CST 2003

On Monday, March 24, 2003, at 06:24 PM, abbey wrote:
> Protestors have every right to protest and I hope it does some good.

I'm sure it is doing good, but I don't think I'm being pessimistic when
I say I don't think it will get your son in law back sooner. They're
hell bent on this war, and Baghdad is going to be awful as their
Hollywood "Shock and Awe"  Extravaganza didn't work and the Iraqi army
is not giving up.

But I hope protesting influences the next election and makes Bush et
al, reconsider going through with whatever they have planned next.

They _knew_ they were going to do this for months and they had actually
already started the invasion when Bush gave his ultimatum last Monday:

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A12215-2003Mar22.html>

I extend sympathy for you Abby, I don't know what it's like to know
somebody over there fighting a war for rich, power hungry cads.

--
-/erik/
Pictures of Liberated Iraqis