[thechat] Happy Deaths

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Tue Mar 25 13:47:23 CST 2003

Hi Syed,  If you are a troll, then I must be a BIG FAT TROLL.   Boom
boom boom who issit trippin' over my bridge?

Here is what I think:

Syed, you are an intelligent and passionate person.  You are an
educated person.  You know many facts (including things that many
westerners may not know, not remember, or not feel as strongly as
you) and you have strong opinions.

I think that deep down you are frightened, as are many of us.
Unfortunately, you are in a country that is much more DISRUPTED by
the current situation than our more "western" countries.  Much of
this disruption is created by US military.  I understand that this
creates strong feelings.  Also you are expressing ideas, theories as
to why things are happening as they are.

It's an OPINION.

Syed has a right to his opinion.  I think it is very difficult to
explain this state of affairs with LOGICAL reasons.  Son we think of
other things: oil, personal issues, religious issues, etc to try and
explain away the insanity.

I mean, the stated reasons for the "war" make very little sense to
anyone with a healthy amount of skepticism and active critical
thinking skills.  "Religion" is to some people, a cause worth dying
for.  Me? I don't think any of our leaders are that religious, even
when they say they are.  Religion is for them is little more than an
excuse.  A justification that they can sell.  Maybe at times a cheap
path to "forgiveness."

If there is a religion that the US is trying to promote, it is the
religion of consumption. The religion of self-centered-ness, of
accumulating wealth in the hands of certain parties, even
(especially?) at great cost to the masses.  It is the religion of
never being satisfied with enough.  Nation-states and corporations
don't care about religion.  They do not humble themselves before God.

I praise your honesty Syed.  I believe you try to be honest in your
words and thoughts, and for that courage I respect you.

Erika