[thechat] When is it time for war?

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Wed Mar 26 07:59:07 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Handelaar"
Subject: Re: [thechat] When is it time for war?

> I'll take it therefore that you're not, after all,
> prepared to defend the ridiculous assertion that Saddam
> can kill more Iraqis than we will, else you'd have done
> so.
>
> We're still waiting.

well, shit that's an easy one. especially since you like to throw the
"500,000 dead" number around.

do you know how many needless infant deaths have occurred in iraq due to UN
ECONOMIC SANCTIONS?

unicef reports that number to be 500,000 since 1996. thats just kids under
5, and thats only since 1996.

see, this is the problem i have with the anti-war protesters. unless of
course all you guys have also been hitting the streets for the last 12 years
protesting the economic sanctions. you have, right?

did i mention those sanctions were imposed by the glorious UN?

oh wait, the UN are the good guys, right?

abbey has it right, toothless hag indeed. and one that hands out poison
apples.

i won't pretend to know the solution to this mess either. the solutuion
would probably be: never have created israel, never have created the UN,
change US policy for past 50 years, etc etc.  but then, we'd probably have
steve jobs and bill gates duking it out for the world.  the only bonus would
be sanctions like: "your country can only run at 14.4" -- which might be
more humorous than people starving to death everyday.

nagrom
http://morgankelsey.com/