[thechat] When is it time for war? [yawn]

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Wed Mar 26 10:16:15 CST 2003

>john wrote:
>
>> "Shut up":  evidently the new catchphrase in here of
 >> people who aren't prepared to back up what they're
 >> saying with a single scrap of fact.
 >
>john, i'm going to call *you* on this, specifically the following:
>
>> But then you're also the guy who thinks that all welfare
 >> is evil and poor people should be left to starve to
 >> death.
 >
>i challenge you to back this up with fact
>
>show me the archive entry where i said that
>
>specifically "all welfare is evil" and "starve to death"
>
>if you cannot do that, then i say again:  please shut up

Since you asked.

Any of this ring a bell from about 10 minutes after you sent
this last email?  It's from #evolt, folks. I particularly like
the first line, where you 'fess up straight out that you just
lied through your arse on purpose:

<r937/#evolt> i wonder if john will actually go back and dig up my
welfare rant...
<hblair/#evolt> DarlingBri brought up something you said in "her
presence" about that
<hblair/#evolt> on IRC
<r937/#evolt> what did i say?
<hblair/#evolt> hang on  - let me look in log.....
<hblair/#evolt> here
<hblair/#evolt> <DarlingBri> John, OT: Re Rudy, please rember that this
is a man who's said we should withdraw all social services and let the
underclass die off.
<r937/#evolt> wow
<r937/#evolt> i said "all"
<hblair/#evolt> <DarlingBri> He actually said that. Out loud. When I met
him.
<r937/#evolt> ha
<r937/#evolt> how callous of me

[Several personal insults about members of thechat followed.]

Clearly I don't need to call up an archive post.  You just told
the channel that you have said exactly that, and then had a nice
little laugh about having lied to everyone about it.

All this to avoid answering a challenge to your snide little
remark last night.  A third whiney little 'shut up shut up'
routine.  And you then have the nerve to call other people
'juvenile'.

>> I'll just add this to the same level of logic,
 >> and alert potential allies of yours in here to the other
 >> opinions you've aired in the past.
 >
>ah, now we are escalating to threats, are we?

I'm not seeing a threat there.

>what will you do next, bounce me off the list?

If you had an ounce of decency, you'd withdraw that slander
right now.   I won't hold my breath.

I'm done with this thread.  Until someone tells me you've calmed
down some, I've got you killfiled.

jh
john at evolt.org.uk