[thechat] A balance of opinion. - Iran

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Mar 26 11:37:15 CST 2003

On Wednesday, March 26, 2003, at 08:08 AM, Tara Cleveland wrote:
> It's very true that women in Iran are not considered equal. They are
> very
> much oppressed. But large parts of the world treats women similarly -
> if not
> in law then in custom.

And in terms of equal pay for equal work, The United States!

> once an ideology on to
> these countries, an ideology that they may resent and rebel against in
> 20
> years time,

Exactly. I read a quote recently, that I can't find and can't reproduce
  as eloquently, but it was something like "Forcing democracy on a
nation with guns and bombs it is not democracy. It is the antithesis of
democracy."

--
-/erik/

Anti-invasion activism ideas:
<http://shockingelk.com/>

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my
contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the
spinal cord would fully suffice.

- Albert Einstein