[thechat] A balance of opinion. - Iran

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Wed Mar 26 13:00:23 CST 2003

From: "Tara Cleveland" <tara at taracleveland.com>

> It's very true that women in Iran are not considered equal. They are very
> much oppressed. But large parts of the world treats women similarly - if not
> in law then in custom.

Damn it. It's all rubbish and lie. Iranian women are more free than the woman in
Turkey. Being personally in contact with Iranians, I do believe that they are
more free than you can ever imagine. It's your media who has brain washed you
western people against Iran. It's a part of a campaign for building grounds to
make Iran the next victim of American aggression. Iranians are living in a
society which is more than 80% Islamic. The theocrats have more power than they
deserve but they are having very hard time with public as Iranian people cannot
tolerate their unreasonable interruption in politics. Iranian President Syed
Muhammad Khatimi is also trying hard to release his political system from
theocracy.
Iranian women are active in all fields of life even in showbiz and armed forces.
Islam doesn't allow women to be the fighter members of armed forces as it is the
obligation of men, however, women can participate as doctors, nurses, engineers
and other fields which restrict them from going to battle field as fighting
units, like men. If you think that their Hijab is against their freedom then
what about the partly European country Turkey. Are women free there? Turkish
women want to practice Hijab but their government is forcing them otherwise.
What about France, where girls are not allowed to use scarf as Hijab in
educational institutes. Remember that Hijab is a freedom for women. It is their
freedom from the men's eyes of lust. In Iran women are not supposed to hide
their face. It's optional there. They are allowed to get any type of education.
They are free to act in movies and dramas. They are free to work in any field
they want.
Men and women are equal as humans but they do not share their desires, their
duties in society and their obligations.

> If you actually change the opinion and outlook of the majority of
> the people, rather than forcing change on them, it's more likely to last and
> to affect real change.

Who the hell are you to change their opinion? Why don't you let them decide with
their own wisdom? Why are you so much intended to interrupt the matters of other
countries as if you are living in a Paradise where there are no problems, no
griefs, no sorrows, no natural or unnatural deaths? Why don't you keep your nose
in your own country and matters?
Such way of thinking, which you demonstrate, leads to aggression. When one
cannot convince the other, it results in his/her anger and frustration. You want
to impose your culture all over the world. In a CNN program, the host was saying
very proudly, "From New York to Shanghai, people are seen in the same dress".
USA government is already using its media extensively to brain wash its public.
It has done its best to spread its media all over the world in many ways just to
paint all societies in American colour. It seems that if a country refuses to
accept American culture, then American governments begin to build a ground to
impose it by force.

Because they think that acceptance of culture will lead to the acceptance of New
World Order.
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/

PS: In above reply, "You" stands for the USA, NOT Tara personally.