[thechat] A balance of opinion.

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Wed Mar 26 14:41:13 CST 2003

Hi Hugh.  If you described the current Iraq?  Then you'd think our
government would be all over it, instead of digging up past-history
events to tug emotional heartstrings.  BTW, the US supported Iraq in
its war against Iran, right?  and provided weapons?  chemical
weapons?  sorry, my history is 'fuzzy' here.

In the early 90's, Iraq gave "reasons" for invading Kuwait... just
like we have "reasons" for invading Iraq.  Hey, they even ran it by a
US ambassador who told them it was their business, not ours.  They
had reasons.  justifications. rationalizations.

I don't know if I described Iraq in that paragraph.  But I *know* I
described North Korea.

Even without trying to bomb every bad country, even just trying to
conquer a few, we are dangerously close to orchestrating our own
downfall as a nation.

Pride comes before a fall.  And... The bigger they are the harder
they fall. -- hey, they don't even contradict!  And oh yeah, the
harder they come, the harder they fall.  "one and all."

There is no "us and them," just us.

So lets pop some popcorn, sit back and watch

the fireworks
the body parts
the blood
the screams
the tears
...and the resentment and rage that will last for generations.

are we having fun yet?

Erika