[thechat] Aljazeera.net up?

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Thu Mar 27 08:40:39 CST 2003

Bob Haroche wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Just curious, are others able to access aljazeera.net? From here in
> California, I haven't been able to ping it for a couple of days. I'm
> wondering if the site is overloaded, hacked or blocked from US IP's.

There was a news report here yesterday that said that it had been hacked,
but that Aljazeera was claiming that it was just overloaded. Don't know the
truth, but apparently they've just released an English version of their site
at english.aljazeera.net and that's why there are problems.

Regards,
Tara