[thechat] My State of Union Address

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 09:39:25 CST 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Cheryl Baringer wrote:

> Martin Burns wrote:
>
> > Of course, as a diver, I'm naturally inclined towards Malta anyway...
> >

> Yep, I can SO relate. These days I just can't justify a trip that I
> don't dive. Planning a short trip to Cozumel sometime around July this
> year, and possibly a longer visit to Bonaire in September or October.

oooh, bonaire...

Shame 'merkins can't dive in Cuba - it's *fantastic* there, particularly
the Bay of Pigs. There's a great wall about 300m offshore which goes down
maybe 500m or so. A good place to get the big ships into. A bad place to
fight your way out of (surrounding countryside is all swamp).

> Martin, you should have taken a quick jaunt down to Cozumel while you
> were in Texas - it's only a two hour flight from Dallas, and there are
> charter deals that are amazing. Coz diving is just incredible. Like
> flying underwater, with currents moving you along the reef. mmmmmm...
> swimming in the aquarium...

Yep. But time was against me, and I would have faced a family revolt. In
return, I'm prolly getting a diving-focused holiday in September.

Cheers
Martin