[thechat] War Essentials: World Domination

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Mar 28 22:55:15 CST 2003

At 12:15 AM 29-03-03, Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:

>white American Muslim. That American said, "No need to worry. Everything is
>going to be alright. When a reasonable group of whites become Muslims, they'll
>help Muslim nation to make it free from Western Oppression".

America is a "Muslim nation"? Since when? And what is this *one* "Muslim
nation" you speak of? Sorry, it sounds like religious fanaticism to me -
the same kind that creates suicide bombers in civilian areas.

Have to wonder why these "oppressed" people pack their bags and immigrate
to America in the first place. There weren't any "native" Muslims in USA,
AFAIK.

>Study the history of Muslims. When Muslims attack  THEY ATTACK TO WIN.

Ahem. I won't point out examples to further inflame the issue, but you know
you're wrong on that one.

>Not to
>boast but some very solid reports state that there are some Pakistani military
>experts which have created almost flawless plans to free and take hold of
>Indian-Occupied Kashmir within hours.

Just like Bush and Blair made plans to occupy Iraq "Real Soon Now". And
what do you mean by "Indian-occupied" anyway? That's like
"American-occupied" Texas. (Incidentally, democratic elections were held in
Kashmir recently and a majority voted a government into power. Not quite
the repressed people you think.)

>But it's international laws and their
>internal morality that is not allowing them to do so. If Pakistan is attacked
>and its sovereignty is endangered, Pakistan will use all possible options.

You can't launch a nuke as far as USA. Assuming of course that USA does
attack Pakistan, which I doubt very much. (But maybe if they found Osama
hiding there ;)

>We (Muslims) are NOT attacking (USA, UK and Israel) because with such weak
>military power, which is not complying with even Islamic requirements, such
>invasion will be just an emotional act; there will be no rational grounds
>to do
>so.

Man... it feels like the Crusades all over again. More people calling for
war in the name of religion. Damn, I'm glad I'm an atheist.

It's scary, I tell you.

Look, I may not like Bush. I may not agree with his war against Iraq. I
even know he's a religious fella. But I'm fairly confident that this
conflict is not about religion at all. This isn't "Christians v/s Muslims",
despite your apparent need to feel that way. This to me is mostly economic.
If Bush wanted to defile holy Muslim places, he could go wipe out Saudi
Arabia, which has Mecca and Medina. There goes your Haj. But Bush is great
pals with the barbaric Saudis. Bush hasn't invaded Indonesia - the country
with the most Muslims in the world. He hasn't invaded India - more than 130
million Muslims. (And please spare the conspiracy theory that we're next etc.)

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy