[thechat] what the f**k is Islam?

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Sun Mar 30 13:20:05 CST 2003

From: "Erik Mattheis"
Subject: [thechat] what the f**k is Islam?

This type of subject is a really shocking stuff for any Muslim. As I know you
and I do NOT doubt your intentions that's why I'd better ignore.

> Islam is not only a religion ... as Zeeshan has said and implied this
> here many times before, Islam is a way of life that encompasses
> everything: religion, government, law, ... everything! "Islam" in it's
> closest English translation means "Peace". ...  we should use Zeeshan
> as a bridge, not a dam.

Thank you, Erik.

> This is what Mohammed strived for. Yes, he was a violent
> warrior, but he lived in a time of war. However, amazingly,  he tried
> to set rules by which the world could be set free from the endless
> cycle of violence.

No, Muhammad was NOT a warrior. He was not a warrior then there is no question
of "violent". Sorry my friend, such kind of sentences about our Prophet are not
appreciable. However, I appreciate your bravery to express. It allows me to
clarify Muslims' side.
Muhammad never even shouted in all of his life. He was a very merciful man. He
stressed on helping poor in all means. He had a farm from his ancestors. But he
never used to have money. If always gave his money to poor. He forbade Muslims
to attack in very strict words. If he ever became angry, his faced used to turn
reddish but he never said any word. He lead Muslims in many wars as Chief of
Army but never attacked on any group. He believed on negotiating but he also
stressed on strong military for defence. He gave Muslims a complete set of rules
for war. Most prominent are Amnesty for Women, Children and Old People; Amnesty
for who surrenders; Amnesty for who hides in his home, Amnesty for entire
population for a conquered area; zero-torture and amnesty for war prisoners. In
first war of his life, Ghazwah-e-Badar (War of Badar), Muslims captured some war
prisoners who were tied very tightly. Some of them made noises at night and
asked for losing the ropes. When Muhammad heard their voices, he ordered to lose
their ropes.
After conquering Makkah, he announced Amnesty and Forgiveness for everybody who
surrendered. He forgave even the murders of his family members. These murders
were expecting severe death penalties as revenge. One of those murderers was
Hindah. She was the paternal grand-mother of Yazeed, whose army killed
Muhammad's grandson in Karbla (Iraq) 50 years after Muhammad's death. Hindah
ordered the murder of Muhammad's uncle Hamzah. After Hamzah's murder, she took
out his liver and ate it.
Muhammad's religion is Islam (security, peace); how can he be a warrior.
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/