[thechat] what is Islam?

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Mon Mar 31 06:33:24 CST 2003

From: "Erik Mattheis"

> Regarding the original subject line of my post, I'm sorry if it
> offended you, Zeeshan. I was trying to grab attention, and meant no
> offense. Please accept my apology.

Apology accepted! Because to err is to human.

> > He lead Muslims in many wars as Chief of
> > Army but never attacked on any group.
>
> My point was that even though he was the leader in many wars, he still
> held the philosophy that the world should be controlled by peaceful
> means.

But my friend, you used the word "violent". It is my personal experience that
two certain words always mean in negative sense, one is "violent" and other is
"aggressive". I used the latter word on TheList just as joke. The former Admin
blocked my mail and sent me a notice regarding my choice of words. If would have
been better if you had used "great warrior" for Muhammad. Pakistan's National
Poet, Allama Iqbal said, "If he is in the group of friends, he is as soft as
silk (silk is a symbol of softness and tenderness in Urdu language); and if
there is a war between right and wrong, he is steel". I think these sentence
completely define the personality of Muhammad.
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/