[thechat] Kristol, Cirincione on Fresh Aire

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Apr 2 02:15:38 CST 2003

Anybody else catch this?
<http://freshair.npr.org/
day_fa.jhtml?display=day&todayDate=04%2F01%2F2003>

A good listen for people on both sides of the Iraq invasion good/bad
dichotomy.

Summary from the Fresh Aire site:

Joseph Cirincione
He specializes in defense and proliferation issues at the Carnegie
Endowment
for International Peace. He is senior associate and director of the
Non-Proliferation Project. He will discuss the evolution of the Bush
administration's policy toward Iraq. Its origins begin with a small
group of
influential officials and experts in Washington, D.C., who were calling
for
regime change in Iraq long before Sept. 11, 2001.

William Kristol
He is editor of the conservative magazine, The Weekly Standard . He also
chairs the neo-conservative think tank, Project for the New American
Century. He is one of the architects of the blueprint for regime change
found in the document "Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategies,
Forces and
Resources for a New Century."

If there's anyone here that's still not sick of my editorializing, here
are my comments on a few of Kristol's comments:

"William Kristol's Crystal Ball: Smooth, Transparent and Distorting"
<http://shockingelk.com/text/kristol_terry_gross/>

--
-/erik/

Invasion information and links:
<http://shockingelk.com/>

If the only thing we still have to fear is fear itself, there is more
than enough to go around.
- R.C. Longworth

More than an end to war, we want an end to the beginnings of all wars.
-Franklin Roosevelt