[thechat] spring cleaning

Sean ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Sat Apr 5 16:50:47 CST 2003

Howdy,

When I realized the only clear path in my office was from the door to the
desk, and even that involved stepping over a few motherboards, I knew it was
time for a little spring cleaning.  Decidedly non-spring-like weather
outside, notwithstanding.

Anyway, on the off chance someone in chat land has a use for this junk, I
found a bunch of old MS TechNet and Evaluation Program CDs.  The Evaluation
program is 23 disks current as of January 1999 and includes such great hits
as: NT 5.0 Beta 2 Workstation and Server, Intel and Alpha; Office 2000 Beta
2; and IE 5 for Solaris with Outlook Express Beta 2.  (Beta 2 was all the
rage that year.)

Tech Net, about 40 disks, is also current as of January 1999.  Included are
such golden oldies as: MS Knowledge Base; IE 4.0 Resource Kit Utilities;
Service Packs for Exchange 4.0, 5.0, and 5.5; NT 4.0 Option Pack; and more!

If anyone has any interest in these, or an idea for them better than
landfill, let me know.

Thanks,

Sean G.

"Surrealism in the service of sanity is no sin."