[thechat] ad popup windows by evolt

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Sun Apr 6 09:23:12 CDT 2003

>> i think am getting popup windows thanks to lists.evolt.org
>
> Run Ad Aware Personal. You have some hinky ad spyware thing
> on your computer.
>
> http://www.lavasoft.nu/

thanks, bri

actually, i used to use that, until i found something even better --

  Spybot - Search & Destroy   http://security.kolla.de/

this software not only finds everything that AdAware finds, it can take
proactive measures ("immunization") to prevent ads from being downloaded,
block certain site cookies, etc. etc.

i scanned and cleaned my system any number of times, making sure i erased
all "usage tracks" including not only cookies, but cache, registry last-used
entries, history files (as if they mattered), and so on

i'm pretty sure it's lists.evolt.org

rudy