[thechat] Army chaplain offers baptisms, baths

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Mon Apr 7 03:37:34 CDT 2003

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/world/5554317.htm

 From the "wtf do I say to... this?" department:

<quote>

In this dry desert world near Najaf, where the Army V Corps combat support
system sprawls across miles of scabrous dust, there's an oasis of sorts: a
500-gallon pool of pristine, cool water.

It belongs to Army chaplain Josh Llano of Houston, who sees the water
shortage, which has kept thousands of filthy soldiers from bathing for
weeks, as an opportunity.

''It's simple. They want water. I have it, as long as they agree to get
baptized,'' he said.

''You have to be aggressive to help people find themselves in God,'' he said.

</quote>

Oh man!

Madhu