[thechat] Lanchester's Law: Too Few American Soldiers

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 21:55:21 CDT 2003

From: "rudy"

> he didn't say it was because john disagreed with him, he said it -- or so
it
> appears to me -- because john's statements were INFLAMMATORY
>
> that's what a troll is, inflammatory

Rudy, half of what is said on this list is inflammatory to someone. That is
what happens when you get widely differing world views. Your posts regularly
inflame me, but rather than turning around and flaming your and/or launching
a personal attack on you, I do what seasoned, wise list users do... I
generally ignore you.

As it is, I happen to agree with John.  I, too, have found the American
coverage I've seen (and John was very careful to state exactly which sources
of coverage he's been able to watch) to be very soft, expecially when
compared to the coverage we're getting here. Not to mention broadly
inaccurate at times.

> as far as the "learn the difference" remark goes, that was just plain rude

I thought John's response on thechat was extremely restrained, in fact. I
uniformly find his replies to be restrained.

Person least likely to troll a list: the person who profesionally and
tirelessly adminsters it purely as a labour of love. Duh.

> surely you can see that, bri
> by the way, do you see how condescending that last statement sounds?
> another troll, right?  can you see that?

I beg your pardon? Did you just suggest that *I* am trolling thechat?

</shock_and_awe>