[thechat] Pollen Season is Upon Us

Roger Austin raustin3 at nc.rr.com
Wed Apr 9 19:46:43 CDT 2003

Quackamoe wrote:
> --- Roger Austin wrote:
>>If it doesn't rain each week
>
> I was thinking I'd say something clever in response to
> this comment, but I really can't. Rain each week
> indeed.
>
> Terry
> in the Mojave Desert where the pollen is pretty bad too

  Well, it started raining in central North Carolina on Monday and it is
Wednesday evening now. It is forecast to stop raining sometime on
Friday. Over 2 inches (5 cm) of rain so far here in Raleigh. No pollen
is left in the pine trees. Oak, Maples, etc. are all finished blooming,
I think. Leaves are popping out and the hostas are mostly up and leafing
out. All the daffodils and narcissi are gone. Dogwoods and Redbuds are
in bloom throughout the woodlands. Mosquitos are not out yet so we can
sit on the deck, have some nice wine, and watch the birds at the
feeders. It was a long winter.
  Never mind.