[thechat] Fwd: site hosted on your service

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Apr 10 17:14:56 CDT 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Erik Mattheis wrote:

> Props to my host, Digital Forest!

+1

> > It is not against US law to display pictures such as these, in fact it
> > is in the spirit and the intent of the US Constitution that such
> > opinions be allowed to exist. To paraphrase a man who was a
> > philosophical guide for the United States' founders: "I may not agree
> > with you, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
> >
> > We would rather be defending rights, than squelching them. Opinion, no
> > matter how misguided, or in opposition to mainstream political
> > viewpoint should not be censored.... at least in *this* country.

Which, as one of (this week's) stated objectives is to restore freedom and
democracy to Iraq, is shurely A Good Thing to pro-war people...

Heard on BBC Radio 4's morning news programme today: "This Iraqi's first
free act was to tell the US Marine 'I don't want you here in my country'.
Fairness requires me to record that the Marine's answer was 'me too
buddy'. Here's hoping his Commander in Chief gets the message" (quoting
from memory)

Cheers
Martin