[thechat] Announcing EUvolt - evolt's first conference

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Fri Apr 11 06:28:57 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Anderson"

> Of course, to those who maybe feel a bit left out because it's in London,
> don't - if you can find cheap air fares, go for it.  We managed to get a
> "let's see how cheap it could be" quote for Judah which started off at
about
> US$1,300, then went down to US$900-1,000, and ended up at about $715 :)

Aye, it's well worth pointing out that:

a) Judah is coming from Oregon, of all places, and $715 is a good deal.
b) The international airfares listed in the Travel to London section are
only guide prices (William++ for researching!), and you can do better than
that in most cases with a bit of searching. Flying on Tuesdays, Wednesdays
and Thursdays is generally cheapest.

> It's a European evolticon, but it's not just for European evoltistas :)

Very true. We put a lot of effort into booking accommodation that will work
for people who want to extend their stay, for example people coming from out
of Europe. Come to London and stay for only £25 a night before or after
EUvolt!

And a number of people are already signed up to come from afar, including
Judah McAuley (US), Tara Cleveland (Canada), and Isaac Forman (Australia).

So, come to London: drink, eat, confer, meet evoltistas, stay at Camp Evolt,
and colour in evolt t-shirts! Wheeeee!

--Bri