[thechat] Senators Introduce Junk E-Mail Bill

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Fri Apr 11 04:45:33 CDT 2003

Madhu quoted:
> The bill, sponsored by Montana Republican Sen. Conrad Burns and Oregon
> Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden, takes aim at a popular spam tactic by requiring
> Internet marketers to provide legitimate return addresses on their
messages.

w00t!

Wyden's always kind of annoyed me, but he's stood behind a few pretty solid
things.

And he's better than his freakishly conservative counterpart, Elephant Sen.
Gordon Smith (who in previous years has seemed to take quite a bit of pride
in his subtle and evil manipulation of Oregon voters.)

Of course, this bill is years behind and ridiculously small in scope.

"Too little, too late" -- it's what politics vs. the Internet is all about.

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net