[thechat] Military brass depend on Bible code to find Osama

Sean ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Tue Apr 15 17:58:38 CDT 2003

]<quote>
]
]Among the hundreds of meetings and briefings that took place in the
]Pentagons bowels in the months leading up to Operation Iraqi Freedom, one
]earned the fleeting disdain of The New York Times, whose columnist, Bill
]Keller, sniffed that "several man-hours of valuable intelligence-crunching
]time" had been "consumed [by a writer] who claims -- I am not making this
]up -- that messages encoded in the Hebrew text of the Old
]Testament provide
]clues to the whereabouts of Osama bin Laden.
]
]</quote>
]

I bet Nostradamus didn't see that coming!

and go devils.

Sean G.

"Surrealism in the service of sanity is no sin."